Hello friendsss…. I made this cake for my Mother & Father - in- law’s anniversary and it came out really good…. It was very soft n spongy and chocolate vermicelli added a lot to the taste… I bought this vermicelli from b’lore and its available at many departmental stores but if you can’t find it, can substitute with chocolate flakes…
|For Cake: |
Eggs: 6 Nos.
Flour/Maida: 1 Cup
Powdered Sugar: 1 Cup
Baking Powder: 1/2 tsp
Vanilla Essence: 1 tsp
Salt: 1/4 tsp
Whipping Cream: 300 Gms
Chocolate Vermicelli: 1/4 Cup
Water: 1/2 Cup
Sugar: 2-3 Tbs
- Grease the mould from all sides and keep aside.
- Pre heat oven at 250 degree Celsius for 10 mins meanwhile prepare the batter for the cake.
- Separate egg yolk & white of all the eggs.
- Whip egg whites till white & hard peaks.
- In a separate bowl beat egg yolks, sugar & vanilla essence.
- In another bowl swift maida, baking powder, salt & mix properly.
- Mix the yolk & sugar mixture with the egg white with very light hands.
- Now mix the flour with this mixture again very slowly and lightly.
- As soon as it is mixed, immediately pour the mixture into the baking mould and bake in oven for 25-30 mins at 180 degree Celsius ( make sure that the mould is not completely filled you should leave some same for the batter to rise).
- Insert a knife in the center of the cake and if it comes out clean then the cake is ready. keep it aside for some time to set then demould it.
- For ICING- Chill the cream in freezer then whip it till soft to hard peaks (keep ice cubes under the bowl while whipping the cream so that the cream doesn’t form into butter).
- Dissolve sugar into water.
- Cut cake into two equal halves.
- Take one layer sprinkle sugar syrup over it then spread whipped cream generously and sprinkle chocolate vermicelli.
- Keep the second layer of the over it, sprinkle sugar syrup, spread cream and cover the cake with cream from all sides then garnish with vermicelli.
- Cake is ready to eat…..