I have made koftas with many other veggies but not with broccoli so it was quiet exciting for me to try this one….. and it came out really gud… yes it’s a rich dish so make it for your special occasions…
This quantity will serve 2-3 ppl…
|For Koftas:- |
Broccoli: 1 Small
Potato: 1 Medium Boiled
Black Pepper Powder: to taste
Salt: to taste
Garam Masala: 1/4 tsp
Aamchur Powder: 1/4 tsp
Cheese Slice/cube: 1
Cornflour: 1 Tbsp
Baking Powder: 1 Big Pinch
oil : to fry
Onion: 2 Medium
|Ginger: 1/2 Inch|
Oil: 2-3 Tbsp
Cumin Seeds: 1/2 Tsp
Asafetida: a pinch
Curd: 3 Tbsp
Kasoori Methi: 1 Tbsp
Garam Masala: 1/2 Tsp
Amchur Powder: 1/4 Tsp
Salt: to taste
Red Chilly Powder: to taste
Milk: 1/2 Cup
Water: 1 Cup
- Grate broccoli finely along with the tender stems.
- Heat oil in a pan, add broccoli and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Mash boiled potatoes and broccoli together.
- Add rest of the ingredients under koftas and mix well, check seasoning and adjust if required.
- Make balls/koftas with this mixture, stuffing cheese in between.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the koftas
- Grind onion & ginger to make a fine paste and keep aside.
- Grind cashews and curd to make a fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds when it crackles add asafetida and onion paste.
- Cook this till oil separates then remove from fire and add cashews paste.
- Cook this till nicely thick.
- Add spices, kasoori methi and cook for 2 mins more.
- Remove from fire again and add milk & water.
- Bring back to fire and cook till the gravy has nice & smooth consistency.
- At the time of serving arrange koftas in serving bowl pour hot gravy over it and serve hot with Indian bread of your choice…