Hello everyone, I thought I will make a a Trifle Pudding with this, but its over already, I don’t know to be happy or to be sad over it : P. Now that I have to make it again for the trifle I am planning to make a chocolate version of it and try out chocolate trifle pudding, anyways that’s about the coming posts let’s concentrate on our today’s post on Vanilla/Sponge Cake first!!!
|Maida/Plain Flour: 1 1/2 Cup |
Castor Sugar: 3/4 Cup
Salted Butter: 100 gms or 1/2 Cup
Vanilla Essence: 1 Tsp
|Baking Powder: 1 1/2 Tsp|
Milk: 1/2 Cup (at room temperature)
Eggs: 2 nos.
This quantity will yield 9 inch round cake.
- Sift together Maida & Baking powder and keep aside.
- Cream together Butter (soft) and sugar with an electric mixer till it becomes light and fluffy.
- Now add 1/3rd of the flour mixture and mix well.
- Add half of the milk and mix well.
- Repeat the process till the flour mixture and milk is used up.
- Now transfer the batter in a greased 9 inch round cake tin.
- Bake for 40 mins or till done in a pre-heated oven at 180c.
- Take the cake out of the oven, let it set for 10-15 mins, then de-mould it.
- Serve it with tea or breakfast and cold, warm or at room temperature your choice : )
Tada, bbye take care and do subscribe to Hobbychef.in for the latest updates and also check out the videos for all the special tips : )