Thursday, September 4, 2014

Ghugni/White Peas Curry (Video Recipe)

by Neetu

Hello friends how are you gyuzz doing!!! I made this yummy, spicy & hot Ghugni yesterday and I don’t know what just happened to me I was sooooo very eager to eat this one that as soon as I filmed the last shot I poured it into a bowl and started to eat, and that is when I realize I didn’t click any pic, and I just didn’t have the patience to rearrange everything for the pictures. So, I took a snapshot from the video, sorry guys this is what best I could  : )

Ghughni

INGREDIENTS:-

White Peas/Matar: 1 Cup
Potato: 1 Medium Cubed
Onions: 2 medium
Garlic: 4 Cloves
Ginger: 1/2 Inch
Tomatoes: 2 Big (Pureed)
Green Chilli: 1 Chopped
Oil 3-4 Tbsp
Cumin Seeds (Jeera): 1/2 Tsp
Curry Powder: 1 Tsp
Salt: to Taste
Red Chilly Powder: to taste
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 Tsp
Garam Masala: 1/2 tsp
Tamarind Paste: 1 tsp (Mix with 2-3 Tbsp water)
Hot water: 1 1/2 Cup
Spice Mix: 1 Tbsp
(Dry Roast and grind to powder
Cumin Seeds: 1 Tbsp
Coriander Seeds: 1 Tbsp
Dry Red Chilly: 1)

SERVINGS:-

This quantity will serve 3-4 people.

VIDEO DEMONSTATION:-

METHOD:-

  • Soak the peas overnight and boil them without salt.
  • Make a paste by grinding together onion, garlic & ginger.
  • Heat oil in a pan and fry potatoes with a little salt till done and transfer to a bowl.
  • Now add cumin seeds in the same pan, and when it crackles add green chilli.
  • Add onion paste & 1/4 tsp salt and cook till the paste turns brown.
  • Now add curry powder, tomatoes and the rest of the spices (except the spice mix) and cook till oil separates.
  • Add boiled peas, potatoes and tamarind paste to this and cook covered for 5 mins.
  • Now add the spice mix & hot water, and again cook covered for 7-10 mins.
  • Mash peas & potatoes in between with the back of spoon.
  • Hot spicy Ghugni is ready to serve. One can add chopped fresh coriander to enhance the taste.

That’s it guyzzz do try this out at your home and relish this yummy Ghugni in this awesome weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment