I know aubergine or eggplant or brinjal or baingan is not everyone’s favorite… even I hated it in my childhood but now-a-dayss I really like it specially the grilled one.. It tastes so very good in pizzas, pastas… and sandwiches… if you have any more ideas to use grilled eggplant then plzzzz lemme know…. I would just love to try that…..but as of now plzz try this s/w its really gud…
|Aubergine (Brinjal): 2 nos. Long ones |
Tomato: 1/2 Big
Chesse Slices: 2 Nos.
Bread : 2 Slices
|Mixed Herbs: 1 Tbsp |
Salt & Pepper: to taste
Butter/oil: 2-3 Tbsp
Tomato Ketchup: to serve
- Slice the aubergine thinly, apply salt and keep side for 10 mins.
- Wash it nicely after that…
- Apply butter/oil, salt, pepper, herbs and rub nicely all over.
- Keep aside for 5 mins…
- Heat a pan and grill the slices nicely till done.. ( one can do it in oven also)
- Meanwhile cut the corners of the bread and toast it till crisp.
- Also deseed & slice the tomatoes as shown in pic.
- Take toasted bread and place grilled aubergine over it.
- Then place the cheese slice, tomato strips and sprinkle seasoning & herbs over it.
- Grill it in preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 10 mins or till the cheese melts..
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup…