Just while window shopping in Modern Bazaar in DLF Phase 1 Gurgaon I saw these lovely chaaps and bought li’l quantity to try out first… yes there are n number of ways to prepare this awesome thing but I choose to make malai chaap as earlier I bought fresh cream to make sour cream so thought that can be used in this preparation as well… and the result was quiet gud..
This quantity will serve 2 ppl…
|Soya Chaap: 250 gms or 5 pieces |
Onion: 1 Small
Tomato: 2 Small
Oil: 2-3 Tbsp
Butter: 1 Tsp
Cumin Seeds: a pinch
Cashew nuts: 4-5
Sugar: 2 Tsp
|Salt: To Taste |
Red chilly pwder: To Taste
Coriander Powder: 1 Tbsp
Garam Masala: 1/4 Tsp
Aamchur(Dry mango pwder): 1/4 Tsp
Kasoori Methi(Dry fenugreek Leaves): 1 Tbsp
Water: 1 – 1 1/2 Cup
Fresh Cream: 2-3 Tbsp
- Soak soya chaaps in hot slated water for 10-15 mins…
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds once it crackles add roughly chopped onions and cook till light brown.
- Then add cashew nuts and fry along with onions 2-3 mins..
- Add roughly chopped tomatoes mix well then add all the spices & cook till oil separates..
- Let it cool down first then grind it to a fine paste…
- Heat butter in a pan and add the ground paste, water & sugar…
- Cook it for 15 mins or till the bubbles on the sauce turns into oil droplets…
- Add soya chaaps…
- Cook for another 7-8 mins till soya chaaps absorbs all the flavours of gravy..
- Switch off the flame let it cool down little bit then add cream & cook again for 2-3 mins..
- Serve hot with Roti, Naan or Paranthas….