by Mahalakshmi (Mahi)
The Grand Snacks and Sweets is a very famous sweets and savory shop in Chennai. They specialize in South-Indian Sweet and Snack items. It is based in Adyar, Chennai and now, they have few franchises too!
The food prepared there is very fresh and hygienic and they taste yummy! People used to buy this when they travel abroad as it is very convenient to mix with rice and eat. It gives a comfort feeling of having a home cooked meal. I bought it too, when I traveled here :) I was so excited to find it in grocery stores in USA.
PACKAGING of the PRODUCT:
It comes in a Plastic container with No-fill plastic Wrap
COST: 7.99 $ for 500 gms
The pickle variety stays fresh for, more than 6 months if you refrigerate after opening. Otherwise, use it within 3 months.
Salt, Oil, Red Chili powder and the vegetable used for pickle.
It is available in most of the Indian Grocery store across California.
Nellikai Pickle (Amla) Lemon Pickle, Kongura Thokku, Pulikachal (puliyogare paste), Pudhina thokku (Mint Thokku), Kothamalli thokku (coriander leaves thokku) , Pavarkaai Thokku (bitter gourd), Brinjal Thokkau, Chettinaad kozumbu, Moor Kuzhambu, Milagu rasam Paste, Poondu Kozhumbu Paste (garlic)
MOMENT OF TRUTH:-
- It taste very delicious.
- This is an absolute bliss to have during the travel (spread it on a chapati or bread) and for any quick fix lunch or dinner, just mix the thokku variety with cooked rice and eat.
- It comes in a lot variety, we can buy according to our palette.
- Hygienic preparation.
- It's not that spicy so kids will like it too.
- When you open the bottle you see a lot of oil, which would be quite alarming! Trust me pickles and thokkus need that much oil to preserve it and also balance out the chilly powder used in the preparation.
- The price is little too high when as compared to Indian rates, but that’s how, we buy Indian products here in USA.
I give 5 star rating to this product as it is liked by everyone in the family and I am using it regularly!
That’s it everyone, hope you enjoyed the post. Please visit the link here if you wish to join hobbychef as writer.