Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sweet Corn Tikka

 
Few days back I had this tikka made with sweet corn at Barbeque Nation and it was ssoooooo gud that i wanted to try it myself ASAP….. and with my own little BBQ  it was so much fun to do it at home as well…..
 
DSC00804
INGREDIENTS:-
Sweet Corn Cob: 2 Piece
Carrot: 1 Medium (opt.)
Hung Curd: 1/2 Cup
Corn Flour: 1 Tsp
Salt: To taste
Red Chilly Pwdr: 1/2 Tsp
Dry Mango Pwdr: 1/2 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 Tsp
Lemon Juice: 1/2 Tsp
Chaat Masala: 1/2 Tsp
Butter: for basting
METHOD:-
  • Mix all the spices in hung curd and mix well, check seasoning and adjust if required then add the corn flour.
  • Apply this marinade on thick slices of Corn and Carrot and keep in fridge for 2-3 hours. For best results marinade overnight. 
    DSC00777
  • Put the marinated Corn and Carrot on skewers  and grill on properly heated BBQ, apply butter while turning in between to cook properly from all sides. DSC00797 
    Note:- It can also be grilled in pre-heated oven at 180°C for 25 mins till grill marks on them, apply butter while turning in between to cook properly from all sides.

12 comments:

  1. Panner tikka looks simply out of the world. Not to mention, you have a beautiful blog.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comments are so encouraging.... thanks guyzzz...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tikkas are awesome. Yumm.

    Cheers,
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi neetu thank you for commenting on my post and about flour tortillas...I was in Bahrain(moved to bangalore recently) when I made the quesdillas(easier to get readymade tortillas). But when I was in Bangalore I used to go to cooking class and my teacher taught me to make flour and corn tortillas.Its just maida chappati
    hope this was helpful
    Charishma

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an delectable corn recipe....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tempting and delicious and I must surely try this...

    ReplyDelete