Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Chocolate Fruit & Nut Rocks

I don’t really indulge in chocolates as women are known to be but yes I enjoy eating chocolates, specially when  ‘m feeling a li’l  low it does wonders for me… Chocolate most commonly comes in dark, milk, and white varieties, with cocoa solids contributing to the brown coloration but according to me the best chocolate to cook at home is dark one, therefore I have used the same to make these yummy chocolate Rocks..One can also use different combinations of these three and develop a flavor as per their own preference..

INGREDIENTS:-
Dark Cooking Chocolate: 1/2 Cup
Mixed Nuts: 1/4 Cup
(Almond,Cashew nuts,Walnuts, Raisins.. etc)
METHOD:-
  • Roughly Chop nuts (except raisins).
DSC02346
  • Dry roast nuts in a pan.
DSC02353
  • Roughly chop chocolate into small pieces so that its easy to melt.
DSC02355
  • Melt chocolate in a double boiler ( heat water in a pan,  keep the bowl of chocolate over it take care that the bowl should perfectly fit over the pan so that steam doesn’t escape at all from sides.)
DSC02358
  • Once the chocolate melts remove it from heat and stir it with spoon to  make the chocolate glossy. (Don’t heat the chocolate for long remove as soon as it melts)
DSC02360
  • Add roasted nuts to it and mix well.
DSC02362
  • Drop a spoonful of this mixture on flat base with the help of two spoons.
  • Garnish this with nuts & keep  in fridge for 5 mins to set.
DSC02364
  • You can wrap them in colorful wrapping papers and gift them to family & friends.
Note: Do take care that not a single drop of steam or water goes into chocolate as it will spoil the texture…
Sending this recipe to Kavi’s Jingle all the way
Jingle All The Way Logo

3 comments:

  1. I simply loved it... :-) Thanks Honey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh-My! I had to hold myself together to prevent myself from jumping on the computer! This is fabulous Neetu! Would love to include it in my event. If possible, please go through the rules of my event > Jingle All The Way and link your post there.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete