Monday, December 19, 2011

Pizza Sauce

This is a not just a pizza sauce (as I ‘ve named it) for me but a very versatile sauce . I use it in making  sandwiches, pastas, salads, calzone, panzerotti, wraps etc.etc….so it becomes really interesting that we can make so many different dishes with this one sauce… :) and the recipes for ‘em I’ll surely post on my blog…
I bought this non stick pizza tray few months back but couldn’t use it due to shifting n all but m so happy I finaalllyyy used it… yippiieee..
DSC02226
INGREDIENTS:-
Tomatoes*: 6 medium
Onion: 1 Medium
Garlic: 4-5 Cloves
Oil: 2-3 Tbsp
Water: to boil + 1/2 Cup
Salt: to taste
Red chilly Pwder: to taste
Tomato Ketchup: 1 Tbsp
Sugar: 1 Tsp
Pizza Seasoning: 2 Tbsp
METHOD:-
  • Make slit on tomato’s skin and keep it in boiling water for 10 mins (until the skin starts tearing apart).
DSC02216
  • Take off the skin of tomatoes once its cool and make puree.
  • Chop garlic & onion finely.
  • Heat oil in a pan add garlic sauté for few seconds then add onions and cook till water dries up.
  • Add tomato puree, salt, red chilly powder & water.
DSC02218
  • Cook for 5 mins then add tomato ketchup, pizza seasoning and sugar.
  • Cook till sauce like consistency and oil separates.
DSC02224 
  • Check seasoning and adjust if required.
  • Sauce is now ready to be used.
* I used 3 country tomatoes as they are more sour but if you are using normal ones add li’l vinegar to your sauce.

3 comments: