Well something has to go with tea and what better than Matthis made by mommy… she makes the world’s best Matthi we call them “Suhaali”… this is her recipe but off course for the same taste some practise is also required…
|Flour(Maida): 2 Cups |
Carom Seeds(Ajwain): 1/2 Tsp
Salt: to taste
|Water: to knead the dough|
Oil: to deep fry
Ghee: 3 Tbsp
- Mix Carom seed & salt with flour then add Ghee to this and mix very nicely with both the hands, it should get crumbly texture.
- Hold the flour in your & hand shape it into a ball, it should hold the shape as given in the picture to make sure that the quantity of fat is right.
- Make the dough with lukewarm water, don’t knead the dough much it should have rough texture.
- Make small ball from the dough, roll into small circles and prick them nicely with fork or knife so that it doesn’t become fluffy.
- Heat oil in a Kadhai and deep fry them on slow to medium flame to make it crispy.
- Let it cool down then store in a airtight container and serve with or without tea… :)