Soybean Nuggets can be used in so many ways for cooking and one of them is SOYBEAN PULAO. It can also substitute various non-vegetarian food item to make vegetarians like me happppyyy….
|Rice: 1 Cup |
Soybean Nuggets: 1/2 to 3/4 cup
Onion: 1 Small
Capsicum: 1 Small
Tomato: 1 Small
Water: 2 1/2 cup + to boil
|Oil: 2 Tbsp|
Salt: to tatse
Hing: 1/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds: 1/2 tsp
Tumeric Pwdr: 1/ tsp (optional)
Red Chilly Pwdr: 1/2 tsp or to taste
Chaat Masala: 1 tsp
Coriander Pwdr: 1 Tbsp
- Soak Rice for an hour and boil soybean nuggets with 1 tsp of salt.
- Chop all the vegetables. Heat oil in a pan add hing, cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add onions cook till transparent not brown add capsicum cook for another 1-2 mins add tomatoes and all spices cook for 4-5 mins till a little oil separates.
- Add water bring it to a boil then drain the rice and add to it.
- Squeeze water from nuggets and chop them roughly.
- When rice is 3/4th cooked add nuggets and mix with light hands, cook till water is soaked and rice is completely done and serve hot.