With the various stories of it origin the most popular one and easy to remember is that it was originated in 1894 in Saratoga Club therefore named as CLUB SANDWICH.
Its a double layered sandwich with a filling of tomato, cucumber, cheese (for the vegetarian version) along with the rich and creamy cole slaw salad, making it wholesome meal in itself.
INGREDIENTS: ( for 2 sandwiches)
|Bread slices : 6 |
Cucumber: 1 Piece
Cheese : 2 Slices
Cottage Cheese (Paneer) : 100gms
|Cole Slaw: 4-5 Tbsp |
Tooth Picks: 2-4
Salt & Pepper: to taste
Butter: required for spreading
- Toast the bread slices, cut corners and apply butter on one side of each.
- Thinly slice tomato, cucumber and paneer.
- Apply salt and pepper on paneer slices and keep it for 5-10 mins.
- Take one slice of bread put the cheese slice and spread cucumber and tomato, and sprinkle some salt and pepper on it.
- Keep other slice of bread on it and on the other side spread cloe slaw generously, put paneer slices and cover it from the last slice of bread.
- Like wise make the other sandwich cut it in two or quarters prick a toothpick in each portion and serve with salad, French fries and Ketchup.