Missed Delhi’s HOT & SPICY Momos a lot in Bangalore…. but not anymore as i made them at home yesterday and yes it tasted exactly the same as it tasted at those small Kiosks… Yyppiieeee….
For the stuffing:
Cabbage: 1/2 medium
Capsicum: 1 medium
Carrot: 1 medium
Onion: 1 medium
Salt: to taste
Pepper Pwdr: 1/2 Tsp
Oil : 2 Tbsp
Ajinomoto: 1/4 tsp (optional)
For the Outer Layer:
Flour (Maida): 1 cup
Ghee or oil: 1 tbsp
Salt: 1 tsp or to taste
Water to Knead dough
- For the outer Layer: Mix Ghee in the flour very nicely using both the hands and make soft dough using water, keep aside for 15 mins.
- For the Stuffing: Chop all the vegetables very finely.
- Heat oil in a pan add chopped vegetables and cook for 5 mins then add vinegar, salt, pepper and ajinomoto.
- Cook for 5 more minutes then check & adjust seasoning if required.
- Divide the dough into 11 – 12 small equal size balls and roll each into thin chapati.
- Keep stuffing in half of the chapati then fold the other half over it to make a half moon shape dumpling and seal the edges (apply little water on corners).
- Make all the dumplings of same shape or vary them with your choice.
- Steam it for 15 mins till the outer layer becomes transparent. (I used idly maker for steaming)
- Serve hot with Chilly Garlic Paste and tomato Ketchup.