Friday, June 20, 2014

Replace Eggs in Baking

by Neetu

Hellosss everyone how are you guyzzz doing??? I had a super awesome week after long long time, how was yours.. well, hope to be the same… I finally settled down in my house after a long vacation at mum’s place, loads of cleaning and arranging had to be done but obviously all worth it…

I found this picture online so thought of sharing with you guyzz, I just love eggs so don’t have any problem with adding it in my baking, but if I had to make for my mum I have to cut down on eggs, but the question arises what should I substitute it with, if you have the same issues then I think this post will be quiet helpful.

IMG-20140620-WA0000

  It says For CAKES, CUPCAKES & BROWNIES:-

1 Egg = 1/3 Cup Applesauce
  1/4 Cup Fresh Curd (not sour)
  1/2 Mashed Banana
  1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil

I substitute eggs with curd in my baking and it comes out just perfect, the basic flavour also remains the same. I feel adding banana will change the taste of the final dish, applesauce is not easily available here and have never tried vegetable oil. So, till now curd was the best option for me, but yes will try the other options too.

For Cookies:-

1 Egg = 1 tbsp milk
  1 tbsp milk powder mixed with 2-3 tsp milk

Add the milk gradually don’t add whole at once, taking care that the mixture doesn’t become too thin.

So, try this at home and tell me the results, do check our post conversion tables and baking in microwave for more interesting information, you can find the link here. and here.

If you want to write for hobbychef and earn money from home, please find the link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment