Monday, June 2, 2014

Tahini Sauce

by Neetu

Hello everyone, how are you guyzz doing??? I am spending a fun and relaxed vacation in my mommy’s place and continuing with my Lebanese ventures in her kitchen I made this TAHINI SAUCE using the Tahini Paste which I made earlier (you can find the recipe here).

The sauce may taste a little bitter initially its because of the Tahini Paste, but as one develops a taste for it that bitterness will fade away. I tried to be authentic, even with the garnish so what do you think, have I done a good job???

DSC02179 (1024x768)

 

INGREDIENTS:-

Tahini Paste: 1/2 Cup
Lime Juice: 1/3 Cup
Water: 1/4 Cup
Chopped Cucumber: 1 Tbsp (optional)
Minced Garlic: 4 Cloves
Chopped Coriander/Cilantro: 1 Tbsp for Garnish
Red Chilly Powder: 1/4 Tsp for Garnish

DSC02175 (1024x768)

METHOD:

  • Mix all the ingredients in a bowl except for coriander and chilly powder.
  • Spread it on the serving plate and garnish with coriander and chilly powder.
  • Serve cold or at room temperature with pita bread, falafel, shawarma rolls etc.

DSC02177 (1024x768)

NOTE:-

  • The sauce will become thick when you mix Tahini Paste with lime Juice, it’s a usual reaction and adding water will thin it down.

Thanks for reading the post, hope you liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment