Saturday, May 31, 2014

Watermelon Twist

by Rimple

Hello friends how are you doing this summer?? Well, for me this is the most hectic part of the year as the kids are having their Summer Breaks!!!! So I feel there’s really nothing good about summers except for Mangoes and Watermelons and to beat this heat I tried this “Watermelon” Juice with a simple twist, and the twist was my juicer.

I have this manual citrus juicer in my kitchen to make orange and pomegranate juice, so one day I thought of making watermelon juice using this juicer and the experiment was quite a success, as the juice had a kind of thick texture and taste  which was different from the electric juicers. I recommend you to  buy this juicer for yourself as it’s very easy and convenient to use and its also it’s very easily available in the market. Given pic of the juicer below in the post do have a look.

IMG-20140529-WA0006 (612x816)

INGREDIENTS:-

Watermelon: 1 Medium
Black Salt: 1/2 Tsp
Lime Juice: 1 Tsp or to taste
Mint Leaves: Few

This quantity will make 4-5 glasses of juice.

METHOD:-

  • Peel the watermelon and cut into about 2 inches thick pieces.
  • Place them in the juicer, place mint leaves and squeeze to take out the juice.

juice

  • Collect the juice in a big bowl, add black salt, lime juice and ice.
  • Pour into glasses and serve chilled. 

IMG-20140529-WA0001 (816x612)

Thanks for reading the post hope you like it, Also if you want to write for hobbychef and make money please click here.

1 comment: