Sunday, May 18, 2014

Kadhai Veg. Pulao/Rice

by Neetu

When I made this lovely Kadhai Masala (you can find the recipe here) one thing I was very sure of, that I won’t make usual kadhai paneer, kadhai mushroom or anything like that using this spice mix. So, I thought of this pulao recipe and trust me guyzzz you have to try it, for my sake, pleaseeeee… It came out really well and was kind of a quicker version of veg Biryani, infact I thought I will use this spice mix in other Biryani preparations as well.

Well, I got so hungry in the process of cooking that couldn’t do the final garnish really well, so don’t be disappointed with the recipe pic, it tastes awesome!!!!

Please check out Jobs@hc if you want to earn money with your love for food.

DSC02109 (1024x768)

INGREDIENTS:-

Rice: 1 Cup (Soaked for 1 hr.)
Sliced Vegetables: 2 Cups
Tomatoes : 3 Big
Kadhai Masala: 1 1/2 Tbsp
OIl: 2-3 Tbsp
Cumin Seeds: 1/2 Tsp
Salt: to taste
Red chilly powder: to taste

* To make tomato puree blanch tomatoes in hot water, remove skin and grind in a grinder.

DSC02095 (1024x768)

METHOD:-

  • Heat oil in a pan, add Kadhai Masala saute for a few seconds then add veggies.
  • Cook vegetables for 1 min, then add tomato  puree, salt and red chilly powder.
  • Cook covered for a few mins but the veggies should still have a crunch in them.
  • Meanwhile, boil rice in salted water.

PicMonkey Collage

  • Add boiled rice to the cooked veggies.
  • Mix with light hands and switch off the flame.
  • Sprinkle some kadhai masala on top, cover the lid and let it cook in its own steam for 5-7 mins. 

PicMonkey Collage1

  • Serve hot with curd or just like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment