Saturday, May 24, 2014

Homemade Tahini Paste

by Neetu

I haven’t posted anything in the last few days, not that I am being lazy or something, it’s just my daughter is not keeping well theses days and you know when kids are not well, they wants to be with the mum all the time, so was stressed out a bit and of course the best stress buster for me is cooking.

I quite like Lebanese food but haven’t made it enough in my kitchen so now I thought of gaining some expertise in this cuisine and to start with I made this Tahini Paste which is the main ingredient in most of Lebanese dishes. One important thing I should mention here is this one is the recipe for TAHINI PASTE not TAHINI SAUCE.

DSC02163 (1024x768)

INGREDIENTS:-

Sesame Seeds/Til White: 2 Cups Oil: 1/4 Cup

**I have made half the recipe.

METHOD:-

  • Toast Sesame seeds in a pan for 3-4 mins. till they are nicely fragrant and brown, taking due care that it should not burn.
  • Grind to smooth with oil paste in a grinder.

Tahini

  • Take out of the grinder and store in an airtight container in fridge.
  • Tahini paste is ready to be used as a basis for many Lebanese dishes.

Thanks for reading the post hope it was useful. Keep waiting for my next post till the cyaa..

No comments:

Post a Comment